Monday, April 16, 2012

3 Months!

Carter is 3 months old!! I can't believe I've been the mom of the cutest little boy in the whole world for a 3 months already! Being a mother definitely has brought me extreme joy as well as some pretty low points. But I wouldn't change any of it!

Last week I was holding Carter and started thinking about how much I LOVE everything about him! I'm so blessed to be able to stay home with Carter all day and take care of him! The first day I was home alone about 2 weeks after Carter was born I can say that's not exactly how I was feeling. :) I was feeling super overwhelmed! But thank goodness things get better! Especially since I'm getting much more sleep now! Carter has been such a great baby!

New things for Carter this month:

He now smiles at you when you get him up from a nap.
Has been wearing 3-6 month clothes pretty much all month!
Moved up to size 3 diapers because the smaller size wouldn't fit around his chubby legs and stomach anymore!
Stays up about an hour and a half now in between naps.
Likes to be tickled.
Likes things that vibrate.
Likes to chew on his tongue.
Has started making noises to himself and not just when we talk to him.
Loves his Winnie the Pooh mobile on his bouncer and is trying really hard to grab it!
Is startled easily if he's not expecting something or hears a loud noise.
Loves playing patty cake! (Carter had a blast when Grandpa Layne did it with him)
Went on his first plane ride.
Visited Utah for his first time.
Had his baby blessing.
Met his cousin Nolan!

Like I said, Carter loves the mobile on his bouncer! This past week he has stared down Pooh and the other toys every time I put him in it. I can tell he really wants to grab those toys! He gets so excited watching them! His whole body starts moving and he kicks out his legs. :)


In this picture you can see his concentration! He gets his hands to the toys, but he hasn't quite figured out how to open it up and grab it! He's so close!

This is the best he can do. Sometimes he swings out his hand and the legs of this toy get stuck between his fingers. It's pretty much like he's grabbed it, right? :)

I have to brag about my boy for a minute! Carter has been sleeping through the night for over a month now! This past week has been amazing! Carter has gone to be between 8 and 9pm each night. Sometime between 11 and 12pm I would wake him up and feed him again. Three times during the week he then slept until 9 in the morning!!!! The first time Carter woke me up at 9am I couldn't have been happier! I am so blessed to have a great sleeper!

My favorite part of nap time? Going in to Carter's room to see this happy face smiling up at me! I love that he is no longer screaming at me to feed him when he wakes up. :) He's so excited to see me! (Don't mind the funny eyes in this picture. :))


This is a pretty common Carter face. :) He likes to tilt his head down and look at you out the top of his head. Usually his head is tilted even farther down. :)

Rory was having fun with Carter's hair after a bath. Isn't he cute?!


Carter has changed so much in the past month! He is so much more interactive! He loves things that vibrate. His Uncle Nathan thought it would be fun to put his phone on Carter's stomach and see what he did when it vibrated. Carter loved it! :) Uncle Nathan also gave Carter a couple toys that vibrate when you pull on them and Carter loves them too!

Carter had quite the traumatic experience when we were trying to wash his hair in Utah. For some reason he did not like it! He screamed until we were done! But once I had him wrapped up and in my arms he actually smiled! Silly boy!

Carter usually enjoys the actual bath.


But he doesn't seem to always like the aftermath as you can see....



Carter got to meet his new cousin, Nolan, while we were in Utah! The next two pictures we got of Carter when we were at the hospital visiting Jenny, Scott and Nolan.


We love our Carter boy! He reminds us of that everyday! It's so fulfilling to see that smile and know that he loves you back! We're his whole world right now and he's definitely ours! Carter, we couldn't be more thrilled to be your parents! You're such a happy little boy and a joy to be around! We love you so much and wouldn't trade you for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment