Saturday, August 4, 2012

4th of July

I was so excited this year that we got to go back to Utah for the 4th! The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and I was pretty bummed last year that we weren't with my family. We spent 2 weeks in Utah with both of our families and we had a blast.

Carter and I flew together and Rory flew seperately. Thankfully Carter was pretty good. He's so curious that he was entertained looking around at everyone. I'm always just grateful when we get off the plane with no screaming incidents. :) I wish I had a picture of us on the plane, but that was definitely not what I was thinking about at the time. Oh well! All three of us got to Utah on the 3rd.

We had a delicious breakfast on the 4th. Rory helped make the waffles and pancakes while most people were getting ready for the day. After breakfast we headed to the parade. Carter needed a nap and he finally fell asleep as we were walking to the parade. First up were the fire trucks and their loud sirens. So Rory and I waited a little ways away until the fire trucks had gone through before we met up with the rest of the family along the street. Carter slept through the whole parade. We were a little worried how he would handle all the noise so it was wonderful that he slept! :)


For dinner we had a BBQ at my aunt's house. It was a lot of fun to see my cousins again and their kids who are all getting so big! The food was delicious and the company even better!
Rory and I were trying to decide what to do for the fireworks that night. We knew Carter would not like them. My parents were kind enough to stay home with the babies so we could go. We got Carter to sleep and Jenny and Scott got Nolan to sleep and then we headed down to the fireworks. They were so good! I LOVE watching the fireworks every year. They're so cool. Especially when there is music playing as you watch. All in all, a great holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment