Monday, February 7, 2011

Good Reads

I finally joined Good Reads! It's a great website. You can post the books you have read and are reading and see what your friends have read. It's a great way to find your next book to read!

I have also found a few really cool things on my Ipod this past week. First of all, you can download a couple apps where you can buy books if you'd like. But they're really nice because you can get all of the classics for free. The two apps I like are Google Books and iBooks. You can also get a Goodreads app that is very handy.

My favorite thing I discovered this week is the ability to download text and audio books from your library for free! I had heard about this, but I finally tried it out and it's great! I'm sure each library website is different, but for my library they have a link on their homepage and you have sign in with your library card number and password. At least for me I can check out 3 books at a time for 2 weeks. They will work on most computers, ipods, iphones, and book readers. I downloaded and app on my ipod called Over Drive Media. It lets me go to the website and download the book right there. It's great if the book you want is on hold or you can't get to the library for a few days. And the best part is it's free! And if you're going on a trip you don't have to lug around the book!

I just thought I'd share the cool things I found this week! At least I was excited about them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment