Thursday, June 14, 2012

Team Bridger!


I know this blog is usually just about our family, but I really wanted to have a post about this great cause. Rory and I have some good friends, Andrew and Alicia Baer, who recently lost their 4 month old baby boy to kidney disease. You can click HERE to visit their Team Bridger blog and read more about their story.

Rory and I have been extremely blessed to have a healthy 5 month old baby boy who we love more than anything! We cannot even fathom what Andrew and Alicia have had to endure. After losing a child, many people would become bitter and closed off. Alicia has used her situation to help bless others who are going through the same thing. I am continually amazed at her strength and faith even in the face of such an incredible hardship.

Feeling so blessed, we want to be able to help others. What better way to help than to help our friends with their good cause! The Baer's are the Honorary Family 2012 for the Salt Lake 2012 Kidney Walk. They are working to raise money for other families in similar situations. 100% of proceeds to Team Bridger will benefit Utah pediatric nephrology and kidney transplant patients. Rory and I have set up a page where you can DONATE and help us raise money for Team Bridger! We really wish we could actually join the Walk in Salt Lake, but we're a little too far away. So we're doing what we can from Indiana. Every little bit can help a family in need! If you feel so inclined, please check out the Baer's story and maybe it will touch your heart too!

1 comment:

  1. Katie and rory- I am just bawling my eyes out right now. I am so incredibly touched that u made this post, and especially since u are so far away and still doing all u can to be a part of these miracles. Thank u so much. We greatly cherish your friendship. I hope we can see u when u come out. I wish I could hug u right now and thank u in person! We love u guys and I know Bridger loves u too and he is little Carter's buddy and body guard.

    Keep me updated,
    Alicia and Andrew

    ReplyDelete