Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Recipes!

Since I have a lot of time on my hands I've been trying to better about cooking dinner at night. It's still not my favorite thing to do, but it's fun when the meal turns out well. I've found some good recipes online and on my www.allrecipes.com app on my ipod. I tried a Spinach Lasagna on Monday. It turned out alright. It was a little too much spinach though. Next time I think I'll try another recipe. If anyone has a good veggie lasagna recipe without broccoli let me know! I made chicken cordon bleu in the crock pot last week. It was really good! :)

I was just browsing recipes last week and found one called Uglies. Not a great name, but they were actually really good. It was basically just a biscuit and bbq ground turkey on top. It's super easy. You just brown 1 lb ground beef chuck (we used turkey) with 1/2 cup chopped onions. When that's cooked, drain it, and add 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1 1/2 cups bbq sauce. Use a 10 ounce package of biscuits. Put a biscuit in each muffin cup. You put a spoonful of the meat mixture on top of each biscuit and then sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of each. Put it in the oven for 15 min at 400 degrees. And that's all there is to it! It was surprisingly good. The reviews on the recipe said it's a great meal for kids. It's really cute and I think kids would think it was fun. And it's even easy for them to help you make it!

So I've been trying to find recipes that are good to freeze so that if I make a full recipe then I can freeze the other half for later. So if anyone has a great recipe that's great to freeze, then let me know! Also if you just have a great recipe to share I'd really appreciate it! Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with new things to try. The easier the meal the better!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE allrecipes. We have found lots of yummy recipes on there. Some of our fav's are: Stuffed Green Peppers 1 by suzanne munson, Slow-Cooked Corn Chowder by mary hogue (this is a great one to freeze) and Pizza Carbonara by Sherry Keethler (we added diced tomatoes on top). But, keep trying different recipes on there because there are so many yummy ones!

    ReplyDelete