Friday, November 16, 2012

10 Months

9 1/2 Month Stats

Weight: 18 lbs 3 oz
Height: 27 1/4 in


Our little guy is starting to look like a little boy and not a baby anymore! I can't believe it's going so fast. It is so fun to watch him start to understand us and respond. 

New things for Carter this month.

Carter can stand!
He is getting better and better at cruising around holding onto furniture and his playpen fence.
I think he is finally calling me Momma. :) I was taking a nap on the couch once and woke up with Carter standing up at the couch patting my arm saying "Momamama." :)
More and more he seems to be really trying to talk. He thinks he's saying real words. :)
Went to his first BYU football game against Notre Dame.
Got his first cold. :( 
Had his first fever that wasn't a reaction to an immunization. :(
First finger prick to draw blood. :(
I think he's starting to have some separation anxiety when he sleeps. That along with being sick has made for a difficult month of not enough sleep.
In the past couple weeks Carter has really fought me on naps and even sleeping at night.
He doesn't go back to sleep easy in the middle of the night anymore.
I can now see that he understands a lot of the things we say. I love watching Carter's face light up when I talk about his daddy. :)
Carter gets so excited when Rory comes home from work. One morning when we were up before Rory left he started crying when Rory left for work. He wanted to play with his daddy!

 One morning I was doing the dishes and I came out to find Carter standing!! This was only the 2nd or 3rd time he'd stood up. He was pretty proud of himself. :) I think he fell shortly after.


Carter and I had to walk to our apartment office when it was raining. Carter helped me hold the umbrella. :)


Giving Mommy loves. He does not do this often!


Carter has curly hair when it gets wet. Just like his Mommy.


This was just before Halloween and I thought Carter looked like a vampire with pieces of apple in his mouth. :)


I try to tell him he's going to gag if he puts too much in. He doesn't usually listen.


We haven't had Carter's playmat out for a while cuz he got bored with it, but I decided to pull it out the other day. All of a sudden I heard the music it plays and I hadn't turned it on. Carter turned it on all by himself and he was so excited! That's why the picture is blurry because he can't stay still. :)


Another time Carter turned on his playmat. He figured out the tiny switches really fast. He's a smart kid!


Carter had a check up when he was 9 1/2 months old. After the nurse weighed him and everything she was about to walk out when she saw me put a blanket on Carter to keep him warm. The room was pretty cool and he was only wearing a diaper. So she pulled out this little hospital down. :) Doesn't he look adorable? It has little lion cubs on it and it says "Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!" I think he liked it. :) 


At the end of the appointment the nurse pricked Carter's finger to draw blood. He was not happy about that. And he didn't like the band-aid she put on it. He kept putting it in his mouth and crying.  


Carter is normally a very happy boy, but he's been a lot more fussy since he's been sick. :(


Sometimes if I have to do something and I can't watch Carter I stick him in his exersaucer and turn on Little Einsteins. He LOVES that show! His favorite part is the music at the beginning. We also played it a lot when Carter was sick and we were just trying to keep him happy.


I know this pic is super blurry, but it makes me laugh. Carter's sneezing. :) 


Carter likes hold onto the fence and wait for me to come get him. I make noises behind him and he thinks it's hilarious. Sometimes he gets laughing so hard he loses his balance. haha


Isn't Carter the cutest little pumpkin? :)


We love you Carter boy! You impress us so much each day as you learn new tricks. You are such a smart little boy. We love that you are starting to understand us. We love watching you try to talk! We wish we could understand what you are trying to say. We'd love to know what's going on in your head as you explore your world. You bring so much joy and fun to our lives. Sometimes you leave us a little exasperated, but we still love you. :) You definitely keep life interesting with your boundless energy! We will love you forever kiddo!

3 comments:

  1. He is seriously so cute. I love your little updates about him :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the picture of him standing to turn on his playmat! Cool little fence thing. What is it called?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha this whole post makes me laugh, especially the pictures of him eating! (: how is he so cute?!

    ReplyDelete