Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cincinnati Zoo

I love the zoo! So while we were in Cincinnati on Saturday we visited the zoo. I had read a lot of good things about it and we weren't disappointed. We saw lots of cool animals and had a great time listening to trainers talk about different animals. We watched while the trainers worked with this rhino.

We saw some really cute lemurs.

There were some really big apes.

Rory really liked the tunnel of mist. :) It was pretty crazy. You can't see through to the other side so I was always afraid I was going to run in to someone. A lot of little kids were pretty scared to go through. :) If you look carefully you can see Rory coming out of the mist in the picture.

They had the cutest little penguins I've ever seen. They were just living in a little pond area outside.

It was hilarious to watch them try and swim around. I'm pretty sure these are babies or young penguins. They would pretty much shake their whole body as they moved around in the water. It was really funny to watch.

We watched a cheetah show. It was really cool. They had the cheetahs run through the cage. It was pretty amazing how fast they went. We tried to get a moving picture, but there was no way to take it with the cheetah moving that fast. They are pretty amazing animals.

I can't remember what kind of cat this was. But it jumps super high. Rory got an awesome picture of it jumping up to hit the ball.

I think this is the first zoo I've ever seen manatees in. Usually they're just in aquariums. In the picture below there is a baby manatee and the mom is nudging it to move. :) There were divers in the tank doing some cleaning, that's why you see the hoses.

This peacock was just wandering around. Rory and I were taking a little break and sitting at a table and it walked right up to us because there were some cracker crumbs on the floor. I didn't zoom in at all for this picture. It was super close to us.

We watched the trainers feed the polar bears. That was kind of fun. I wish I had gotten a picture of the one who kept standing on his back legs to get the fish.

We had a great time at the zoo. Both of us were exhausted by the time we were done. We did a lot of walking and it was pretty hot and humid. But the zoo was amazing and well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment